MIDNIGHT SUN TRIP
The summer is a very special time of year here in Utsjoki as the sun doesn’t set for two months from late May until late July. It’s the time of the Midnight Sun, also known as the Nightless Nights. During that period it never gets completely dark and the nights turn into an endless sunset. This is something that can only be experienced in very few locations worldwide.
Want to experience this unique natural phenomenon? Then join us here in Finnish Lapland for our special Midnight Sun tour!
DATES: 23rd JULY – 29th JULY
The Aurora Holidays Midnight Sun trip falls right into the week where the first short period of twilight returns during the night, allowing you to experience both complete nightless nights and the first sign of the nights returning.
This is also the perfect time of year to enjoy the great outdoors here in Finnish Lapland.
The Midnight Sun tour package is jam packed with a range of outdoor and cultural activities that will allow you to really experience the Nightless Nights and all they have to offer. Celebrate the long days during a night hike or sit by the campfire and listen to the sound of nature. The highlight of the week will be a photography tour where we will witness the very first sunset since May and capture the beautiful light as the Nightless Nights are coming to an end.
Here is what the itinerary for the trip looks like:
MONDAY 23rd JULY
- Airport pick up
- Visit to a local supermarket
- Campfire dinner with local specialties (also suitable for vegetarians) and campfire favourites
TUESDAY 24th JULY
- Utsjoki village tour with picture opportunities & stop at the local Café Giisa
WESDNESDAY 25th JULY
- Day Hike (4 – 5h) into the wilderness surrounding Utsjoki with berry picking seminar & sampling, campfire lunch
THURSDAY 26th JULY
- Scenic walk with Alaskan huskies in Northern Norway at a family run husky farm combined with a visit to the Arctic Ocean (6-7h day trip – incl. 1,5h husky adventure), additional cost 95€ per person.
- Summer Night Hiking (2 – 3h) under the Midnight Sun (suitable for all skill levels)
FRIDAY 27th JULY
- A visit to the local Sami Museum Siida to learn more about the indigenous people of Lapland and lunch at the Museum Cafe & Restaurant
- 2.5 – 3h Boats Tour on Lake Inari to a Sacred Island, additional cost 23€ per person
SATURDAY 28th JULY
- 3h Canoeing trip, additional cost 75€ (kayaking gear, guidance and snacks included in the price )
- Midnight Sun Photo Tour to capture the first sunset
SUNDAY 29th JULY
- Departure, airport drop off
Price: 1400€ (children under 15 years of age can join half price)
- Accommodation incl. private sauna, bed linen & towels
- Unlimited WIFI
- Airport transportation, from and to Ivalo airport
- Campfire welcome dinner
- Utsjoki village tour
- Guided day hike / berry picking
- Guided night hike under the Midnight Sun
- Visit to the local Sami Museum incl, lunch
- Midnight Sun photo tour
- Snacks & drinks during activities
- Firewood for your outside fireplaces
- 24/7 Assistance by experienced guides
- Meals (apart from snacks & drinks during activities and welcome meal)
- Travel Insurance
- Scenic Husky walk (95€)
- Boats tour on Lake Inari (23€)
- Canoeing (75€)