POLAR NIGHT AND NORTHERN LIGHTS PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE WITH RAYANN ELZEIN
January is a unique time of the year here in Utsjoki. The sun does not rise at all, but we experience the Kaamos, or Polar Night: the entire landscape glows in soft blue and pink tones for the few hours that the sun comes close under the horizon. This also gives us plenty of dark night hours to increase our chances to see the Aurora.
We have partnered with French award-winning photographer Rayann Elzein to offer you this unique photography workshop here in the very far north of Lapland!
DATES: 6th – 12th JANUARY 2019
Enjoy 6 nights and 5 full days of photography in remote and pristine wilderness around Utsjoki and in the Inari area. Highlights of the workshop are:
- Exploring the fells and landscapes around Utsjoki
- Chasing the Aurora Borealis
- Approaching the reindeer and meeting their herder
- Learning how to edit your landscape and night photos
- All this while focusing on improving your photography skills
FULL ITINERARY AND COURSE INFORMATION
Check out Rayann’s website for the detailed itinerary and information on this Aurora and Polar Night Workshop.
Please note: You can book this course from his website.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Photography instruction by Rayann Elzein, both in group and in 1-on-1 format thanks to the very small size of our group (max. 6 participants)
- Accommodation in private room (2 bedrooms in each cottage) incl. private sauna, bed linen & towels (and unlimited WIFI)
- Airport transportation, from and to Ivalo airport
- All meals (we don’t have any chefs, so groceries will be provided, and we cook/eat together as a group effort)
- Cold weather overalls and boots for the duration of your trip (you need to bring your own warm under layers and other outdoor clothes)
- Visit of the reindeer herder in the wilderness
- Visit of the Utsjoki village and surroundings
- 2x trips to the wilderness around Utsjoki (most probably in a sled pulled by a guide on snowmobile)
- 4 nights of guided Aurora chasing
- Travel Insurance (you are requested to show us your insurance prior to the trip)
- Driving your own snowmobile (160 € / person)
- Any alcoholic beverages
Rayann is a French landscape and nature photographer, with a deep passion for the North. He has been coming back to the north of Lapland several times every winter in the past 6 years, so it is safe to say that he knows the region like the back of his hand. He has been running Aurora chasing tours and landscape photography workshop in the area all this time. His photos are published internationally and he won several awards with them.